Tuesday, November 17, 2009

'tis the Season...



November seems to be disappearing under our noses. We thought that after the summer, which was filled with cottage weekends, three nights of baseball, and various other summer activites, the Fall would slow down a bit. But then we had wedding season, accompanied with showers, and before we knew it, October had escaped us, too! Thanksgiving came and went, and so did Halloween! And we still haven't slowed down...

Now it seems November is quickly on its way to being over, but I'm ok with that, because you know what comes next.... Christmas! It's a magical time of year, my favourite, and this will be our first one celebrating it together in the City in our little space.

And I mean little, (600 sq ft, to be exact), but a full-sized Christmas tree will be going up, along with new stockings - monogrammed, no less! With nothing on the go this weekend (a nice little break), I'm going to put on the Santa Claus Parade that I taped last weekend, play some classic Christmas tunes, and we're going to trim the tree. I might even bake some Christmas cookies, to put us in the spirit.

Next will come the Christmas shopping... I love the spirit of giving at Christmas. I love the planning and hunting to find just the perfect gift for that special someone, and then seeing the joy and happiness (if I have succeeded) on their face. Just warms my little heart...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always welcome comments! Please feel free to share...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...