Sunday, November 29, 2009

Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecakes



Celebrating the season with great friends and good food can be easily accomplished with a potluck dinner, and that's exactly how Matt and I spent Saturday night. On the menu: turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, green beans, potato casserole, and gravy. And for dessert, two types of sweets: pecan pie and Reese's Peanut Butter Cup mini cheesecakes. The latter is what I brought for the group of us, so naturally, I thought I would share with you the recipe for the dessert


Sharing my cooking and baking on this blog also gives me a great electronic collection of my recipes, but it has also inspired me to put my recipe book to good use. The book was a housewarming gift from my two close friends, and it's a great idea for organizing all my recipes, especially the ones that I find online and then copy onto post-it notes (often again and again, as I inevitably lose them...). The book is organized by sections and comes with blank notes just waiting to be written on and filed, so it really is a great thing to have around the house. Besides, what if one day, heaven forbid, I'm without internet and I need to find a recipe?!? That would be a disaster!


The finished cheesecake minis were quite decadent, but small enough to satisfy a sweet craving after a big meal. For last night, however, when paired with a pecan pie (also super delicious, Dar!), I'm glad I made them smaller than I have in the past.


Crust Recipe:
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
4 tbsp sugar
1/4 butter, softened
Filling Recipe (makes 12):
2 pkgs Light Cream Cheese
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup flour
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
4 pkgs Reese's Peanut Butter Cups

Directions:
  1.  Blend together crumbs, butter and sugar roughly until mixed together;
  2. Line 12 cupcake molds with paper cups;
  3. Add roughly 1 tbsp of crust to each cup. Using the bottom of a glass, press crumbs firmly.
  4. Place 1 Reese's Peanut Butter cups into each of the 12 molds (I first placed them right side up, but then flipped them so that the filling would more easily fill around them);
  5. Blend cream cheese until soft and fluffy;
  6. Add flour, sugar, and vanilla, and mix thoroughly;
  7. Add in eggs, one at a time, mixing completely;
  8. Add filling over top each of the cups, flush to the top.
  9. Bake in a 350 Degree oven for 20 minutes;
  10. Let cool before serving.
There you have it! They are actually pretty quick to mix up and equally quick to consume. Whip up a batch for your very own potluck dinner...


No comments:

Post a Comment

I always welcome comments! Please feel free to share...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...