Tuesday, November 24, 2009

A cabled turtleneck...



Before I finished Matt's sweater (but after I had already started it, of course), I found this pattern in Debbie Bliss for a short sleeved turtleneck and fell in love! It was many hours of knitting and cable-ing spent in front of the tv, or on long drives, or during conversations at the chalet in Tremblant. It's a good thing I can do more than one thing at a time!

The thing with knitting is that once you have completed a new pattern, you learn where you might want to change things for the next time. Simply by mixing up the colour or the texture of the yarn, or changing the type of cables, for example, you can have yourself a completely different looking style. I like that I am always learning new things when I knit, and with each project, I try to do something I haven't done before. I love that knitting is a constantly evolving process for me, and a little imagination can go a long way!

I especially love when I come across a style of pattern for a vest or sweater, for example, that I know I can vary with yarn or texture. It keeps knitting exciting for me! Plus, its always great to have a fall-back pattern in mind when wandering through a yarn store. You never know when inspiration is going to strike!

I think I may attempt this pattern again in the near future. I do really like the style of the short sleeve, but I may mix up the cable pattern and the neck. I think a shorter crew neck would work very nicely...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always welcome comments! Please feel free to share...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...