Monday, November 23, 2009

Round and round...


I attempted my first pair of socks over the summer (I've come a long way from knitting only scarves...). I had hesitated because I wasn't too familiar with knitting in the round on double pointed needles, and knitting socks sounded kind of scary! But I found a simple pattern from Paton, and after a quick visit to YouTube for a demonstration on how to knit the heel and instep(you can find anything on YouTube!) , I was well on my way!

The sock yarn I picked made some really fabulous stripes all on their own, and it actually didn't take too long, nor was it as difficult as I thought I might be. But that being said, I do only have one of the socks finished, thus far. The other one is still pending.

There are so many different patterns and colours specifically designed for socks, that the possibilities are endless! Plus, I think once I get the hang of it, they could be really sweet gifts! And knitting in the round with double pointed needles is really not all that difficult...

2 comments:

  1. Hey Beth, good for you for attempting socks!! They are one thing I've always wanted to knit. I've been considering taking a sock-knitting class at this yarn shop in Whitby called "Kniterary" -- perhaps a good New Year's resolution?? Lol.

    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a great idea. I say go for it! And let me know if you want to be a guest on my blog and tell us how it went!

    ReplyDelete

I always welcome comments! Please feel free to share...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...