Sunday, November 15, 2009

Adding a lady's touch...




I soooo wish I would have taken a before picture for this project, but at least you can see the finished lamp and imagine what they used to look like. This was an early project of me using existing lamps that Matt had in the condo, and I had the idea to do a mini make-over on them. Plus, after moving into the condo, I felt I needed to add a bit of my own design style. So, I removed the maroon fabric from the lampshade and spray painted the brown base in white. I then headed to the Paper Place on Queen St and found this amazing teal and brown floral paper. It matched both the brown couch, brought in a bit of teal to accent the room (which also lead me to buy some new brown and teal curtains), and it wasn't too girly...

I made a quick template of the four sides of the shade, cut out the paper, and just used regular white glue to attach it to the wire frame. And they actually turned out really great! Of course, I could be biased...

But since the first pair turned out fine, I decided to update the ones in the bedroom, too. We had a cool photo on the wall with shades of orange, so that was my starting point. I went back to the Paper Place and found a great geometrical pattern. And presto-changeo!





Guess I'll have to wait for a bigger house with more lamps for another project... 

1 comment:

  1. psst.... they'd make great christmas gifts too!!

    ReplyDelete

I always welcome comments! Please feel free to share...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...