Monday, November 16, 2009

It's FINISHED!!!



After many, many months, I have finally finished my first full sweater! I have done others before, but this was the first with full sleeves, and a zipper! More than anything, the challenge was the time it took. The zipper was also a bit of a challenge, but it went pretty smoothly after I got the hang of it.

I choose a black tweed yarn (flecks of colour throughout) for this cabled sweater from Debbie Bliss (one of my favorite knitting mags), and knit is specifically for Matt. Although I did start it last fall, other projects came and went in the meantime. Of course, it didn't help that I ran out of yarn...twice! When I went back to the yarn store for more, they informed me that it had been discontinued! Wonder how Matt would have felt with a sweater with a different colour back? But luckily I was able to find it online and order 2 more balls... which should have been 3, as I ran out again and had to order more. But finally I had all the yarn and I could continue on my way. 

I just finished putting in the zipper this morning, and now it's waiting in a white box with a red bow for Matt when he gets home from his boy's weekend in Pittsburg. There is no particular occassion, other than I finished it, and he has been so patient while I've complete other projects in the meantime. I hope he likes it!

Now I can turn, guilt free, to my other Christmas projects!

3 comments:

  1. What a GREAT blog -am really enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Beth!
    Enjoying your blog and I love the sweater you made! I haven't knit in such a long time...and I never added a zipper. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finally found time to catch up, very fun to read, and eye on you! Aunt Megan

    ReplyDelete

I always welcome comments! Please feel free to share...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...