Thursday, November 19, 2009

Mornings made better....



It seems that coffee has now become a regular part of my morning routine. On the mornings when I'm not frequenting my one of many local Starbucks (is it sad that I know when they have hired new people?!?!), I like to brew my own coffee with my French Press (THE route for quick and easy coffee) to enjoy from my Monsters, Inc. mug.

Not only is it friendly and inviting, it also holds like 3 regular cups of joe, making certain I get my full caffeine mix. It also reminds me of a recent family vacation we took in January to visit Florida to celebrate my parent's 40th wedding anniversary. It took some planning, some organizing, and then some re-organizing, but we all made it there and back in one piece, and had a really great time (really, we did!).

It turned out to be the vacation that reminded us what it's like to vacation with your siblings and parents, reminding us what it's like to live with six opinionated adults under the same roof.  But it also turned out to be the vacation where memories were created, where photos will live on in frames on my mother's wall and in vitural albums. And it turned out to be the vacation where my brother proposed to his girlfriend!   Not 10 months later, the happy couple wed on a lovely fall day on Thanksgiving weekend (I'll tell you about that another time).

Right, coffee... that's what I was talking about. Great thing about wandering down memory lane... there are lots of twists and turns! I think I'll brew me a joe...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always welcome comments! Please feel free to share...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...