Saturday, November 14, 2009

The perfect ball of yarn...




While it's fun to to find a new project and then head to the yarn store to scour the aisles looking for the perfect shade of yarn, there is something wonderful about being given a ball of yarn as a gift. The process now goes in reverse and you have to find the perfect project that would show off the brilliant colours. Sometimes it might be a scarf and matching hat, depending on how much yarn you have to work with. But this time, that was just too simple for me....


So, when I was given two scheins of this brilliant blue/turquoise/green yarn as a gift from Matt's mom Diane, I knew I had to find just the right project. My first thought was a scarf, as I knew I would have enough for that, but then my mind starting wandering for other ideas, like mixing and matching colours. I also had to decide on a project and landed on a vest, mixing the blue with white and grey. I found a style I liked, and then found the perfect shades, and settled on an argyle pattern for the front, which I created myself.


Something you should probably know about me is that I get really impatient when I get a new idea for a project in mind. Sometimes that means dropping what I am already working on (Matt can attest to this...) and starting a fresh, new project. But that also means that I generally have more than one project on the go, and that's great for keeping knitting (what could otherwise be sometimes boring) interesting and exciting.


I've already got the back of the vest finished, and only just yesterday found the right shade of white to match, so the front is now underway. Here's a sneak peak...





The finished vest will soon be on display, hopefully in person!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always welcome comments! Please feel free to share...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...