Friday, January 21, 2011

A vest for Ronan

My posts of late have been mainly skewed towards food related topics. That’s partly because I do love food – love to cook it, love to eat it - and partly because cooking is faster than crafting sometimes. While I haven’t posted many things about knitting, I am always knitting – in the car, watching TV, on the train… It really is another passion of mine that I sometimes can’t get enough of. I would love to work in a knitting shop where it’s completely OK to knit at work…. Ah, to dream.

While I have several works in progress (WIPs), I do have a finished one that I’ve been meaning to post for ages. It was a gift for our friend’s son who turned this fall. I finished shortly after our trip back from Italy in October (yes, still a little tardy), but I only managed to give it to our friends this week! My biggest concern now is that it will fit him. I did knit it for an 18-24 month old, so hopefully he will get some wear out of it still. I spent a lot of time working on this one, too. While it was a vest I’d made before, the pattern for it was new and a bit more intricate than anything I’ve tried before, but the end result, I think, was this very adorable grey/teal vest (I’m biased, I know…).


Other WIPs at the moment include:
  • a blue cabled zip-up sweater for Matt to replace the one that was ruined in the wash (grr….). I’ve only got the two sleeves left to knit up and then sew everything together. With any luck, he’ll have it before the winter is over. 
  • a lovely mauve cardigan for Diane for her birthday. She picked out the yarn for the pattern, so she knows I’m working on it currently. This one is a pretty cool pattern, as the front and back is knit as one giant rectangle, with the sleeves knit separately and sewn on after. Depending on how this one turns out, I might have think about knitting one for myself.
  • a grey and either teal or white (undecided which colour just yet…) moss-stitch striped cardigan for myself. I had this grey yarn for another project in mind but then found the pattern for this cardigan and decided to give it a try.

I still have the Italian yarn I brought back with me, also, that I simply cannot decide what to do with. I sweat I’ve started 5 different stitches with it by now… I think I just need to be inspired by something. Anyway, that’s my knitting update for you.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Are you going to show us when you are done with them? That vest is adorable. You should open your own shop.
    I really love my "green cedar leaf shawlette" that you made for me this Christmas.
    Do you happen to have some care and cleaning instructions kicking around?
    I would really appreciate it if I could get them.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the nice note, Melissa!
    I should have included some instructions for your wrap: hand wash in cool water and lay flat to dry. And of course photos of completed projects will be forth coming....

    ReplyDelete

I always welcome comments! Please feel free to share...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...