Thursday, December 23, 2010

Recipe: Creamy Peanut Butter Pie


It’s that time of year again – the holidays! And that means potluck dinners with family and friends. This year, for our first potluck dinner, I was in charge of bringing a dessert; it had to feed 6 adults and be easily transported. I always like to try something new, so I thought a pie might do the trick. I found this easy recipe online and knew I had found a good one – no baking, few ingredients, and easy to tote.

Plus, it had chocolate and peanut butter, so it was already a winner in my mind. And after a very nice dinner of roast chicken, potato casserole, stuffing, broccoli and Caesar salads (two different salads, not one), it was a nice treat with our Bailey’s and hot chocolate. This pie is very similar to my Peanut Butter Cup Mini Cheesecakes, but if you don't feel like making individual ones, this is a great substitute. It also reminds me of these Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecakes (hmm...I see a theme with these desserts...).

INGREDIENTS
 
2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
1 cup sugar
2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
2/3 cup whipped topping
14 peanut butter cups, divided
1 ½ cups chocolate crumbs
½ cup butter


DIRECTIONS

 
BEAT cream cheese, sugar and peanut butter in a small bowl until light and fluffy. Fold in whipped topping. Coarsely chop half of the peanut butter cups; stir into cream cheese mixture.

MELT butter and mix with crumbs. Spread into pie pan and pat with hands to cover evenly.

SPOON into crust. Quarter remaining peanut butter cups; arrange over the top. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always welcome comments! Please feel free to share...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...