Thursday, March 25, 2010

Trivia T(hur)uesday

How can we be into the last days of March already?! Is anyone else feeling a little overwhelmed about how fast time seems to be going? Part of me is happy to see the days go whizzing by... the Wedding Countdown is well underway (23 days to go...), but part of me never seems to have enough hours in the day to get everything checked off my To Do list... hence why Trivia Tuesday is being posted on Thursday (the alliteration still works, so I'm ok with that...).

But on that note, let's jump right to the topic at hand. This week seems to be food oriented, so that's right up my alley. Let's start with Tuesday (when this post should have been ready...) - for you people who enjoy a simple breakfast, you might be interested to learn that it was Toast Day. I know, this probably does not help you AFTER the fact, but just know that the good people who randomly assign days of the year to any and everything, they have honoured your dear toast. I, myself, am a toast girl, smothered with butter and peanut butter and, yes, you have to have both! The butter melts into the toast, letting the peanut butter spread over top. I've heard of people putting them on in the reverse order, but that's just weird...

Moving on to Wednesday (which is when I actually started writing this post, but fatigue got the better of me... and frankly, so did Survivor...). Wednesday was dedicated to one of my favourite snacks - Chocolate Covered Raisins! They are my go-to snack when I want to feel healthy about the junk food that I eat - raisins are a fruit, after all, so they are practically healthy. I'm sure Sarah (my health nut sister) would approve...almost.  Some of you might be familiar with a certain oatmeal raisin cookie that I often like to bake. If you have already had the luck to taste these delicious treats, then you might already know the secret ingredient, but for those of you who have not, I am willing to share it with you now...Chocolate Covered Raisins! That probably was not too difficult to guess, but let me just say, if you have picky eaters who don't like raisins, adding the chocolate covered ones to these cookies... well, they just won't be able to tell!

Now for Thursday - another food to celebrate. Today was actually the first time (according to whom, I don't know...), that pancakes were cooked in America - in New York City in 1882. Yes, I know, we already celebrated Pancake Tuesday, but heck, I guess March can have two pancake days! These light and fluffy little cakes are a great way to start your day. Serve with fresh fruit and syrup (a bit of whipped cream for the decadent type), and you've got yourself a great meal. In fact, if you're stuck for what to have for dinner tonight, why not serve breakfast? Toast and pancakes with chocolate covered raisins! Actually, that sounds quite tasty....

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always welcome comments! Please feel free to share...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...