Thursday, March 18, 2010

Spring has Sprung!



It's that wonderful time of year, dear friends, when the sun comes out to warm our faces, we shed our heavy layers of winter clothes, and yes... we eat Ice Cream! That's one sure sign that the weather is warming up. Now, I don't want to jinx anything, because this is Canada after all, and it has been known to snow all the way into May, but I'm crossing my fingers that it won't. Especially because I do not want snow on my wedding day!

I was also informed by my father the other day that spring is officially here in a short but sweet email, as he believes Canada has two seasons: Winter and Construction. 

Dear Beth

Spring has arrived. I know because 4 out of the 5 lanes of the 401 were closed last night due to construction.

LOL
Dad.

(Note: the LOL in Dad's book means Lots of Love, for those of you confused as to what might have been funny....I know I was the first time he wrote it, and I had to ask for an explanation. I like his version better!)

So, let's enjoy this warm weather while we can. Matt and I fully intend to. Last summer we started walking after dinner each night, exploring different parts of our neighbourhood, so now that the weather has warmed up, we're back to our nightly walks. Tuesday night we went out for a walk to digest our meal, pick up a few items for dinner on Thursday, and also pick up a Dairy Queen Blizzard (since it was on the way home). It's kind of like a reward for exercising, at least in my books, and since Matt also agrees, we shared a cookie dough blizzard, extra cookie dough (that's my favourite part of the blizzard, so why not have double?!?).

Funny side story: one of the items we had to pick up were pine nuts for our salad. Matt stopped in at Loblaw's on Monday night, where he also picked up these gorgeous flowers for me, but couldn't find the pine nuts any where. And when he asked, the guy working there wasn't overly helpful. In fact, he told Matt that they had been discontinued! We had a good chuckle out of that, like a grocery store could discontinue something found in nature, but as it turns out, pine nuts are in short supply right now. So I guess the grocery guy wasn't completely incorrect...

Last night we walked a couple kilometers to the Eaton's Centre. I was on the hunt for wedding shoes (sadly, I did not find the right pair yet, but I did see some contenders), and Matt had a gift card from Banana Republic burning a hole in his wallet. Plus, he has a coupon for an additional 40% off, and it was only good for that day, so off we went. The walk was also encouraged by the wheel of brie and crackers we had for 'dinner' that night. Matt did find a nice blue button-up shirt, and by the time we got back home, we were ready to spend a bit of time in front of the couch. During the summers, not much is on tv, so we don't feel guilty about leaving the couch, and with PVR, we have that very same luxury even when shows are in full swing! Of course, the walking pulls me away from my knitting projects, but even I need a little break from that sometimes.

Spring also means baseball season is on its way, both the Blue Jays and the Brew Jays! The latter is the co-ed softball team that Matt, Sarah, and I play on. We had a pretty solid team last year, so hopefully we'll get the gang back together this year.

1 comment:

  1. omg I could totally go a dairy queen ice cream....yummmy

    ReplyDelete

I always welcome comments! Please feel free to share...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...