Friday, January 08, 2010

I'm Trapped!



It may not come as much of a surprise to some of you when I confess that I LOVE CHEESE! Yes, if there is a place to add cheese while cooking, I will. On pizza, well, that's a given. On salad, yes please. In a hot pot, melted and gooey to dip bread, oh yeah! But even on its own, it really is a favourite treat of mine.

So I was pleasantly suprised to see the above in my stocking this Christmas. It's a cheese cutter that looks like a giant mouse trap! How clever is that!?! The 'hinge' is the slicing tool and is not attached to the board, but when storing it together, it looks very cool.

While I do not love all kinds of cheese (you may keep your blues, thank you...), it is fun to try different types and flavours, and discover what the local cheese shops have to offer. Leslieville Cheese has some good ones (and they have two stores, one of which is on Queen St W in our neck of the woods). Plus, they have Gourmet Grilled Cheese, which combines some really unique meats and cheeses and comes with yummy dipping sauces. 

As you know, our New Year's Eve dinner consisted of some really great cheeses, including Old Cheddar and Brie, and we've also discovered a recent fav called Niagara Gold. It's very smooth and creamy, and, well, just plain delish! I wonder how hard it is to make your own cheese? Perhaps that may be one thing I'll leave to the professionals...


No comments:

Post a Comment

I always welcome comments! Please feel free to share...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...