Thursday, January 07, 2010

A Full Pair of Mittens...


Following my previous post on mittens, I did manage to completed a full set (2 whole mittens!) in time to give to my friend for Christmas(the small round spot in the picture is a button I added as an extra gift, so not really part of the finished mitten, in case you were wondering...). They were quite simple to knit up, and I really enjoyed coming up with this spiral stripped pattern. I am loving the variegated yarns that knit differently when you work them in the round or back and forth, and loved seeing the patterns unfold each row. Plus, if you haven't noticed by now, I do have a thing for stripes...

The original colour pattern I worked from was good, but it didn't quite have the right look that I was going for. After finishing one mitten, I then spent a good half an hour or so deciding on what colour pattern would be right, and then modifying the pattern as such (there is actually a LOT of math involved in knitting!). I liked the way they turned out, at least the design, but I think I still have some tweaking on the actual fit of the mitten.

But now that I have another pattern for mittens (the pair Diane gave me), I think I'll be able to use that one going forward. It is essentially the same, but I like how they work the thumb and finish the top better than the pattern I worked from (is this all gibberish to you non-knitters!?!). Just another item to add to my collection... I really should be keeping track of these!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always welcome comments! Please feel free to share...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...