Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Trivia Tuesday

After a very relaxing long Easter weekend, filled with good food, family, and of course chocolate treats (some or all of which I hope all of you also enjoyed), I bring you Trivia Tuesday (since it was a holiday, we didn't celebrate our usual Fat Friday, but I will be posting about our weekend later...).

It's an exciting day in history today, folks....this is the day that the North Pole was first discovered, way back in 1898. Ok, so maybe that's not overly exciting... Is it too early to mention Christmas already? Because I know that's the first thing I think about when I hear the North Pole. I know we just got through our winter, and finally the nice weather is here, but when you're a crafter, Christmas always seems to be on your mind. Why, just the other day Matt and I thought of a terrific Christmas gift idea for his sister... we won't ruin any surprises, but let's just say, it's pretty fantastic! And it's crafty! We've already started brainstorming, but we'll probably get working on it after the wedding.

If you don't want to think about Christmas just yet, then read on: Tomorrow, my friends, is Wednesday. And that not only means that you've made it halfway through the work week, but it is also No House Work Day! That's right - the dirty laundry can stay in the hampers; the windows can collect another day's worth of dust; and the dust bunnies will live one day longer under the couch and beds, and you can rest peacefully on the couch knowing that you shouldn't be doing a darn thing! To be honest, No House Work Day will probably run into Thursday and Friday, too, at our condo. We'll save the cleaning for the weekend - that's what it's for.


Also, for those sports fans out there, Monday was the beginning of baseball season. How will the Jays fare this year? According to Matt, we're not holding our breath for them to have a fabulous year, especially since they lost their first game last night. But we are still fans, and hopefully will make it to a few games this year, starting with the home opener next Monday. You can always count on that game to be a good one - the attendance is usually pretty good, which always adds to the atmosphere. Plus, through in a few ball park beers, and you've got yourself a rocking night out! Baseball, in my opinion, is the official beginning of Spring. Next comes the start of our very own Brew Jays games (the co-ed softball team we play on).

You know why I love any sport season, be it baseball or football? It generally means 3 hours of uninterrupted quality time spent together, with me knitting on the couch and Matt enjoying the game. That's when I'll really get started on my Christmas projects...


No comments:

Post a Comment

I always welcome comments! Please feel free to share...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...