Thursday, April 08, 2010

Finishing touches...

As this week moves along, probably faster than I would like, we are getting ever closer to the BIG day. In fact, it's only 9 days away! Yikes (in a good way...)! With the date looming, it means final touches have to put on just about everything. Matt has been busy creating our music playlist (I comfortably left that in his capable hands; I think he thinks I have weird judgment in music anyway). We took care of ordering the flowers, and next on our list is, of course, the booze. We've already got our matching wedding bands (and love them!), and we've written our vows. Actually, that was kind of fun. Our officiant emailed us his usual ceremony, and we got to edit and make changes to it. That allowed us to put in some more meaningful vows.

In the meantime, I also get to add some final crafty touches to our wedding. I really enjoyed making our invites - picking out the right paper, colour and texture, and then finding the perfect accent colour for the side; all these things make me so happy! Then, getting to design the font and the layout...well, let's just say this made for hours of enjoyment. So, in keeping with that theme, I also made our place card settings for the dinner. I had left over black and white paper from the invites, and the cards are just index cards from Staples in blue (no, they don't match perfectly, but they are being put to other uses for this wedding, so sometimes you just have to settle...). These didn't take too long to make up, there wasn't a lot of text to put on them, but still just as enjoyable. When we met with our contact at Jump the other day, she was quite impressed that we thought to make our own place cards and seating chart... she wanted to refer us out to her other clients. :)  

And yes, in a little over a week now, I will be Mrs. Elizabeth Reid. I'm getting used it, even though Priest and Reid really are not that different. I actually wonder if any my professors will notice the change in email address and signature... Guess I'll need to be ordering new business cards, too (not you, though, Matt...).

Other things on the agenda: Matt and I will be working on little wedding favours next week (those I'd like to keep a secret, so I'll post more on that after the wedding). Tonight my girlfriends are coming in to check out the party room to discuss how everything will be arranged the night of. And of course, Matt and I better practice our dance together... I don't want him embarassing me. It will most likely be the other way around...



No comments:

Post a Comment

I always welcome comments! Please feel free to share...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...