Monday, December 21, 2009

Felting 102 - A Cherry Red Bag



My second attempt at felting was this stripped red handbag. I loved the two contrasting reds together, and the cherry themed lining of the bag is just as fun. It's a Christmas gift for a girlfriend of mine who loves red, loves handbags, and had recently gotten into knitting. I figured she could use this for any number of purposes, so I was very happy when she said she loved it!




Lessons learned from my first attempt at felting were valuable for this next project. Most importantly, Read The Instructions! Turns out, the reason my first project didn't turn out right (the sizing was all wrong...) was because I used the wrong size needles! I usually don't make that mistake, but I think I was so excited to get working on the project, that I may have read the pattern quickly and grabbed the wrong sized needles. This time, however, everything worked out perfectly! I am really loving the way things turn out after felting them, so I'm not looking for new projects.

And, turns out, after felting a project, you can cut and trim, and the whole thing will not unravel, so that's good news for my first unsuccessful bag... I can now turn it into something else. I wonder what that might be...?



2 comments:

  1. Teach me!! I love the blog, "Bets"! I read it every day, and it always inspires me! Can't wait to try those peanut butter cup cheesecakes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, Beth! It's beautiful! One more thing for me to learn to do!

    ReplyDelete

I always welcome comments! Please feel free to share...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...