Saturday, December 19, 2009

Fat Friday - New Mexico Style!




This week I thought I'd share with you one of our Fat Fridays from our time in New Mexico, where after a day of hiking through the dunes of White Sands, we stopped at the infamous Owl Bar (at least according to Matt).

He had been talking and raving about their Green Chile Cheeseburger (to much debate amongst our kind hosts - apparently the diner across the street has a competitive Green Chile Cheeseburger, but Matt would hear none of that...). I think it was only fitting that we left this stop for our last day there (it also happened to be a Friday...).



From the look on Matt's face while he was enjoying the last bite (of both his burger and mine...), I would say it was a successful Fat Friday. And that left both Matt and I with great food memories of New Mexico (not including the nachos we settled on at the airport for dinner the next night... we are still trying to forget about those ones...).

Last night's Fat Friday was a lighter fair; we shared a REAL plate of nachos from Gabby's, with none of that fake liquid cheese stuff, followed by a bag of popcorn as we enjoyed the new George Clooney movie, Up in the Air. And a very cool thing happened just after Matt and I were seated at Gabby's. I was wearing one of my knitted sweaters, and the lady next to us asked if I had knit it? She said she had knit the same one, and then high-fived me! I think that was so cool! Plus, I think Fat Friday is catching on... we saw at least 2 other people  Gabby's photographing their food! He he...




No comments:

Post a Comment

I always welcome comments! Please feel free to share...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...