Monday, January 13, 2014

Crafty Find: I'm in the mood for Love

Valentine's Day is quickly approaching, and while my husband and I don't go overboard with gifts or fancy dinners, I still like to honour the day in some small way. And with a kid now, Valentine's takes on a whole new meaning, though we do have a few more years before we'll be making cards to give out at school. In the meantime, however, we'll be traveling to spend Family Day with our nieces in Ottawa this year, which also coincides with Valentine's Day, so I thought it might be fun to put together a small gift for them. 

I've found so many great ideas out there for cards and treats, specifically ones that don't include a lot (if any) sugar, that I thought I'd share a few of my favorite ones. I'll share my final creations with you later.

For the Star Wars nerds fans in your life, how about these character or Yoda cards? I like that it comes with a fun glow stick - so creative!

 

 Anyone who knows me well knows I'd sure appreciate a Valentine like this one


Here's a great idea to help your kids store their cards in a bag or box. I'm a sucker for a cute robot or hipp... 


As for food, this sure is a fun Valentine's breakfast - Strawberry Pancakes with Sprinkles


There are plenty more ideas out there, and this site has a great collection of fun non-sugar themed gifts and cards. With so many choices, I'm really looking forward to February 14th, but I better get crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always welcome comments! Please feel free to share...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...