Friday, May 14, 2010

Change is good!

I've only been doing this blogging thing for a little over 6 months now, and in the process of reading other blogs, I have stumbled across elements that I think would be good to have on my own blog. A lot is trial and error, what isn't really in life, so some things may only be around for a day or so, others may stick around a bit longer.

You might have already noticed some of these changes, such as the running blog list to the left, and the new edition of "Today's Little Bit of Awesomeness". I got this idea when I was reading the Little Log House Chronicles and saw that she posted "What's for dinner tonight?" and thought this was a genius idea! (Melissa, I hope you don't mind I borrowed the idea for my blog...). It's a great little way to update your blog with a quick little note when you may not have the time to do a full post.

Well, my latest edition, if you look closely towards the top of the page, there are a few extra headings in blue. These are extra pages of information that I thought I'd try out. When I saw that you could add these pages, I did some day dreaming of what I thought might be good to post. I came to a the idea of creating a sort of virtual Recipe Box of all the cooking and baking ideas I've posted about. This serves as a handy little reference for both myself and you, if you're ever going back to look for a particular recipe.

I'll be keeping this extra page updated with all my recipes, so do check it out! All my previous posts are up and running. And feel free to share with me what you think is working and what's not. I'm always open to some constructive criticism...


2 comments:

  1. Not at all! I'm glad you liked the idea. I love your List of awesome, I think that's a great idea. I have been meaning to put up a page to keep track of what's for Dinner Tonight but have yet to get around to it. I may post the odd recipe also if I'm cooking something fabulous.
    Very nice post for your Mom. Your blog is looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Taco Chicken Salad--MMMMM sounds like something Ken would like and since we are having this mid-summer heatwave, anything cold to eat would be welcome. I am glad we don't live in TO I would be a butterball with all those eateries so close!!!
    Great Blog!

    ReplyDelete

I always welcome comments! Please feel free to share...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...