Monday, August 29, 2011

Empty Promises….


That’s what you are thinking right now, isn’t it? “She said she would be back, full of ambition with lots more recipes and crafting after a relaxing week at the cottage…” And what have you gotten from me? Nothing! Nada! Nil!

My excuse? There is none. I certainly have been busy cooking and baking and crafting in my spare time, but the writing part, not so much. And here is it, almost the end of August (where, oh where, did it go?!?) and not a single blog post to share. But I tried, I really did! I was a rainy morning at the cottage, and I thought “now’s the perfect time to blog!” I pulled out the computer and starred at the screen, wondering where I should start. A recipe! Surely that’s a great place to begin. I’ve already cooked the meal, taken the photos, and copied recipe, so all I needed to do was share some of my (so very insightful) thoughts on the matter. And then I looked over and saw the book I had started, Water for Elephants, and remembered how good it was and thought "I'll just read a few pages and blog another day." So away went the computer and it was not to be seen again that week.

But no more empty promises; I’ll simply do what I can. I'll carve out a few minutes each day to write,  because after all, a good blog needs some dedication. Let’s see how far I get.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always welcome comments! Please feel free to share...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...