Thursday, September 23, 2010

I Heart Vest



I think I've finally managed to knit a piece of clothing for myself that I actually like! It wasn't actually love at first sight, but now I truly "heart" this vest, due mainly in part to the very neat 'button' I picked up yesterday. Without it, the vest wasn't quite complete, and I had been on the hunt for just the right button since I completed this vest over a month ago. 


The original pattern called for a round button with a button hole knit in, which still might have looked good, but I opted for a pin type button so that it would be interchangeable if I happen to find another one I like. I saw this one yesterday while I was at Romni and thought it was just what I was looking for. And when I put it on this morning, well, perfection! I had tried the vest on before with a simple white shirt and jeans, before I had the button, but something about it didn't seem quite right, and I was honestly wondering if I had knit yet another piece of clothing that I was probably not ever going to wear. But it turns out, after putting it on this morning, I really quite like the look of it! It might be the stripped sweater I have underneath it, but I think this vest has potential. It's a keeper. 

And the best part about this vest? It was almost absolutely free! Thanks to the generosity of Diane, my mother-in-law, the yarn hoarder. I think she told me that she bought this yarn a long while ago to knit something up for herself and then just never got around to it. If you're a knitter, you've probably done something very similar and have a yarn stash of your own. I try my best to make sure I have a project in mind when I buy yarn, but sometimes you pass a sale and think you simply have to have that yarn! It might get knit into something some day... or it might get passed along to someone else... thanks, Diane! 

3 comments:

  1. So happy I could help! It looks amazing - GREAT job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right, Beth! That cute "button" makes the vest. Very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for the nice compliments, Diane and Margaret!

    ReplyDelete

I always welcome comments! Please feel free to share...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...