Monday, June 27, 2011

To Make: Braided Knit Necklace

As the summer weather takes a turn for the better, with warm air breezes and sunny skies, my knitting needles have been unusually inactive. Where I once had three projects on the go, I have finished two of them and am slowly making my way through the last. All are warm weather sweaters, which will have to wait until fall to be worn, so the urgency isn’t quite there to finish them. (I will be posting about my finished two projects shortly, but I’m having issues with photos for those ones. I need to find just the right light and angle to show them off, but they are coming…eventually.)

In the meantime, I stumbled across this neat little knit necklace and think that this is going to be one of my summer projects. It was just the inspiration I needed to get back on track. I’ll be checking out my stash of yarns to see if I have something that will make this piece stunning…perhaps a grey or silver? Maybe even a two-toned one? These could even make nice Christmas gifts. I know THAT holiday is still a distance away, but crafty gifts take some planning!

And if I don't have any yarn at home, well, it doesn’t call for much, so why not splurge a little? It’s been weeks since I’ve picked out any new yarn….

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always welcome comments! Please feel free to share...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...