Monday, June 06, 2011

Crafty Find: Explaining the Kindle to Dickens

Do any of you have a Kindle or other such e-book reader? Matt and I received a joint Kindle for this past Christmas from my parents (although, you should ask Matt about how that’s working out next time you should see him…). I love it! Right now I’m in the process of acquiring all the old classics (mainly because they are free), and since the Kindle houses more than 500 titles, I’m not in any danger of running out of things to read.

I was really excited to get the Kindle: no more heavy books to lug on vacation or the subway and instant access to new books at my fingertips. I will say the one thing I was disappointed in was the fact that the Toronto Library does not currently support e-books for Kindle, and that is a major flaw, but I’m hoping they will rectify this in the near future.

When I saw this post, not only did it catch my eye because of the Kindle aspect, but because it was just so darn clever! The idea behind it was a class assignment for an Art & Design school: “Explain something modern/internet based to someone who lived and died before 1900” (you can read more here).

I think the creativity behind this is astounding! What a great way to explain to Dickens what the Kindle is. What a great to explain what a Kindle is to anyone, actually. Good work, creative student!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always welcome comments! Please feel free to share...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...