Monday, April 04, 2011

Crafty Find: Inked!

Tattoos are a very personal preference. Some love them and love to have lots of them. Others love them just enough to get one or two. Some do not see the appeal at all and can’t imagine why anyone would permanently mark his/her body. I would say I fall into the middle category; I have a couple personal ones, but I’m done and happy with the ones I have.

When I came across these crafty tattoos, it made me think that these people are extremely dedicated to the craft. Having a large knitted mitten that spans most of you back is way more impressive (and permanent) than simply wearing your own knitted mittens, don’t you think? While I’m not too sure I’d go this far to let people know of my affinity for knitting (this blog takes care of that), I thought I’d share some of the ones I came across. I like that some also carry a clever message.

4 comments:

  1. Wow! While I appreciate the art involved in tattoos, I would never get one (I fall under the last category you listed). That being said, these tattoos are amazing! Really creative! I especially like the mitten one--although I agee with you that it's extreme as far as "messaging" is concerned!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too, am in the last category but I, as well, love the mitten tattoo! Beautiful artwork involved with that one.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in the middle category ... although I could easily fall into the first one, given the chance. I love the art of tattooing, but I also think it can become addictive and extreme very quickly. I have a couple that are very personal to me as well.

    These tattoos are very interesting! I really like the third one.

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I give tattoo artists a LOT of credit; they are certainly a very talented bunch. Thanks for sharing your thoughts, everyone!

    ReplyDelete

I always welcome comments! Please feel free to share...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...