Friday, February 05, 2010

An Accordian type thing...


The above is a photo of a project that I had been working on since the holidays (yes, way back in December). It accompanied me on many car rides, and it was originally intended to be a Christmas gift, but sadly, it never quite made it under the tree in time (I am, however, still going to gift it). You may be wondering exactly what IT is, and feel free to let your mind wander. What drew me to this project was the interesting way that it is knit up, in folds! After knitting a number of rows, you fold the project back on itself and knit it together, creating a little fold. 

Ok, you can stop your guessing. The finished project is a tea cozy! After joining it together to create a tube, gathering the top, and sewing on a cute pom-pom, ta-da! I was really happy with how it turned out, and although working through the project was a bit tedious (because of the folding, it seemed you never seemed to get any further!).  I am now excited to find other patterns for tea cozies, and ones that offer new techniques that I can then transfer to different projects. I love finding small projects that are great for using up extra yarn (which is why I chose the colours for the above), and it would be great to have a few tea cozies on hand if I'm ever in a pinch for a hostess gift. Plus, if I'm ever going to open my own knitting store, I'm going to need to have stock!

On a completely different note, the Dragon's Den is having open auditions soon! If you haven't heard of the show, it's a great little Canadian show that encourages entrepreneurs to come to the Den with their ideas and inventions in the hopes that one or all of the five Dragon's will invest their own money to help them on their way. Think they will invest in a girl with creativity and ideas but no sales and no business plan?! Highly unlikely, if past episodes are any indication.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always welcome comments! Please feel free to share...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...