Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Change is good!

There have been some changes in our little household over the last view months, and unfortunately, these changes seem to have adversely affected my blogging time. You may have noticed that posts have been somewhat sporadic and sparse (I probably think more about it than you…), but I’m back in the saddle, baby, and ready to blog again.

But a little more about these changes, for those who might not know. At the end of August, my company decided to do some restructuring, and in the process, felt I was no longer a necessary part of that team. Bummer, right? The adjustment to being unemployed, however, really wasn’t all the difficult, as my work-at-home job was currently in the slow season. So instead of getting up each morning and following the same routine (gym, shower, eat, answer emails), I now just did the same without having the pesky work part involved. Needless to say it was a complete shock to be let go, but honestly,  I didn't mind the extra free time I was about to have. 


Being unemployed meant I now had a LOT more free time on my hands, and the couch and crappy/mindless TV became my new caffeine addiction. I got a lot of knitting time in, plus a lot of napping, but there always seemed like a good reason not to look for a job. Sure, I was updating my resume and casually searching online for new opportunities, but I don't think I was quite in a hurry to get back into the workplace. Also, we had our honeymoon approaching in just a few months, so really, I thought I’d start looking much more seriously after that. But the sitting on the couch being lazy Beth also didn’t give me much motivation to blog…

I’m happy to say, just 3 months later, I am again gainfully employed with a great company in a new and exciting industry. This one is a full day of office work, the 9-6 type of gig, which, I’m not going to lie, is taking some getting used to, but I think . Before I had the luxury of finishing up work early (and starting late, not to mention almost the entire summer off) and could easily find time to prepare some delicious yet time consuming meals for dinner. This is probably my biggest challenge of the change – less time at home. But some planning ahead has proven to be a useful tool and our dinners thusfar have not suffered. I mean, sure, sometimes we don't eat until 7:30....

And it’s not that I have a lack of things to blog from my time off; I’ve been knitting, baking, and cooking up a storm! Now it’s just trying to find the time to tell you all about it, because I’m sure you all want to know about my buttermilk biscuits, apple-smoked pork chops, not to mention carrot oatmeal muffins! And that’s just a start….

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always welcome comments! Please feel free to share...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...