Thursday, November 18, 2010

Beer...the continuation

A while back, I posted about our beer making attempts at home in the condo (Taking after Percy). At that point, the beer was resting in the fridge, waiting to be consumed, but, months later, I keep forgetting to post an update after we drank them. But I was reminded the other day when I was sorting through some photos and found this one. 


I have a small correction to a statement I made in that post. I mentioned that my grandfather used to make his own beer in the basement (this is true) and that my nana had made him a needlepoint to remember his attempts (this is incorrect). Turns out, it was my very own talented mother who made the piece of art (talent inherited from her mother, and then passed down to me), and after reading that blog post, she surprised me by giving the needlepoint! It now has a place in our bookshelf, a nice memory of my grandfather.

So, the beer? Yup, it tasted like beer, and it wasn’t bad for a first attempt (and nothing exploded!). We found that the very first bottle we cracked open was very carbonated and almost had a sweetness to it. It seemed like the longer we let the beer rest, the better the flavour got (but the carbonation still seemed to linger). I still don’t know if my brother ever drank his two beers, but we finished off ours over the summer. Guess we’ll have to get a refill pack to start the process again… but I think we’ll leave that for next summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always welcome comments! Please feel free to share...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...