Thursday, June 03, 2010

MMM.....peanut butter!


I had the urge to do some baking about a week or so ago (I have the same urge today, too!), so I was on the hunt a week for something to bake up. I had been meaning to bake some peanut butter cookies for a while now, so I thought, why not? Plus, I thought that I remembered that the peanut butter jar had an easy recipe on the back.

Indeed they did, and was it ever easy! But I was a little concerned (surprised) when I noticed that the recipe only included three ingredients, none of which was flour - just peanut butter, sugar, and 1 egg (I'll include  the full recipe below). I thought I remembered other recipes being a bit more complex, so I then turned to allrecipes.com and sure enough, many of those recipes included a lot more ingredients. But I thought, "Kraft, you know what, I believe you know what you're talking about, so let's give it a go."

So, away I went, and they turned out just fine - very peanut buttery, which is always a hit in our house. But the funny thing was, I served them to my Marg and Diane one day, and Marg immediately asked if they were the real kind or the fake kind (that women has a nose for baking...I get that from her). I had to admit that they were the fake kind, but they politely ate them anyway. But I am thinking I need to bake up a batch of the real kind shortly. Perhaps that will be my To Do for today.

If you want to try out the easy recipe on the back of the peanut butter jar, just follow the below:

Ingredients
1 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F;
  2. Blend together all ingredients;
  3. Roll into 24 balls and place on an ungreased baking sheet and flatten with fork;
  4. Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly browned (do not over bake).
Easy, right? If I get around to baking the REAL recipe today, I'll post that a bit later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always welcome comments! Please feel free to share...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...